Kitsy Lane launched in 2012. This company offers jewelry and accessories from emerging designers or from on-trend value-priced brands. As a Boutique Owner, you can choose from over 700 items to feature in your storefront.
This is primarily an online direct sales business opportunity. Your storefront is your catalog and social media will likely be your biggest marketing avenue.
Compensation: Boutique Owners earn up to 25% on purchases. Payments are sent once per month and direct deposit is available.
Start-Up Costs: Free. There is currently no charge for setting up an online boutique. You will have the option to shop from “The Big Welcome Sale” which includes products that haven’t hit the catalog yet. Having a few pieces available to show customers in-person can greatly increase your sales.
If you connect your Facebook account, you will also have access to the monthly Boutique Owner-only sale which includes deep discounts on new styles.
Inventory Requirements: None
Personal Website: Free. You will be provided with an online boutique at no charge. Customer emails, orders and shipping are all provided and handled by Kitsy Lane.
Quotas to Maintain Active Status: None, but not updating your online boutique may result in account termination.
Bonus Opportunities: Earn 15% on your first-level downline.
Hostess Rewards: None. This is primarily an online direct sales opportunity. That doesn’t mean it is an easy business however. No one is going to find your store if you are not marketing it. As an online business owner for several years now, I can tell you this isn’t as simple as it sounds. You have to make your store, your products and your experience standout from the crowd. You need to work it. Every day.
Consultant Requirements: Over the age of 18 and a resident of the U.S.
Setting Up Shop
If you would like to become a successful Kitsy Lane Boutique Owner, these are my recommended steps:
- Join the opportunity
- Read through the Welcome Kit that you will find in your sidebar after clicking Manage Boutique. This will provide you information on how Kitsy Lane works, what to expect and how to get started.
- Go through My To Do List, also found in the sidebar. These are the steps necessary to create a successful storefront. Don’t forget to invite your friends and share your link on your social networks. If you don’t market your store, you will not make any money.
- Under the Grow My Business link in the sidebar you will find printable flyers. Customize those to your liking and start handing them out to co-workers and friends. You can also hang them on bulletin boards around town.
- Printable business cards are not currently available. Since you have not invested any money into your new business yet, this is a good time to do just that. Hop over to VistaPrint and order your 250 Free Business Cards. You are just going to pay the shipping which is usually $10. If you are serious about starting an internet home business, you should be willing to invest at least $10 to get it off the ground. These cards can be handed out and left around as you see fit.
- If you still have money left in your business startup budget, order a few pieces for yourself. You are still going to earn commission on your own purchases and nothing sells better than seeing a product in-person. Show it off!
If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask me.